If you want to flash your current ROM then it is very important for you to unlock your device’s bootloader. There are various ways to unlock your device but for some devices it is a big pain in the back. But with the fast trending current technology anything is possible.
For that reason only many developers gave up everything to unlock the secrets to a phone’s bootloader. The credit goes to the XDA Developers member TheDarkDefender who have shown us that it is no more difficult to unlock your Nexus 4′s bootloader.
Requirements Before You Unlock
- You will require a LG Nexus 4 E960.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Unlock The Bootloader of The Nexus 4 E960
- Download the package file from the end of this post and save it on your PC.
- Always make a backup before you perform the next steps.
- Next, switch off your Smartphone.
- You need to boot into Fastboot Mode and that can be done by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Using a USB data cable you need to connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- Once connected just open up the command prompt on your PC.
- Now in the command prompt you need to navigate to the directory or folder ( the place where your downloaded file is saved).
- Now you need to check if your device is recognized by the PC. You will get your device’s serial number in the command prompt once you enter the following command:
- Enter the following command in the command prompt window in order to start unlocking your bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- A prompt will be shown on the screen so just confirm that you want to unlock your device by selecting Yes.
- And finally your device will reboot and you are done.
Download Fastboot – http://www.mediafire.com/?709z6ajsrx459ew