When Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was introduced recently, every user wanted this update to his device and just couldn’t wait to experience it. Jelly Bean has loads of new exciting features like better and faster performance, refined Google Search functionality, etc. and you can enjoy all these features on your own device so why waiting just follow this guide and have fun all the way but keep one thing in mind this is not a official update so you may face some issues after installing it on your device.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- Your Samsung Galaxy S III must be rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Update Galaxy S III I9300 To Unofficial Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Download the file from the link given at the end of this post and transfer it onto your device’s internal SD card.
- Now, turn off your Smartphone.
- You need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode and you can do this by pressing and holding Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- And in this process you also need to make a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM, just in case your device gets lost in loop.
- So in order to create a backup go to –> Backup/Restore –> Backup.
- Next go to –> Wipe Data –> Factory Reset and wipe operation will be performed by selecting the Wipe Cache Partition.
- Next, go back to Main Menu –> Advance –> Wipe Dalvik.
- Go back to the Main Menu –> Install ZIP From SD Card –> Choose ZIP From SD Card and after that look out for Android-4.1-JellyBean-GNex-OTA-Port.zip file and select it.
- Start the installation by selecting YES and it will hardly take 3-5 min. for this process and once the operation is done go back to the main menu –> Reboot System Now to finish the installation process and you are done.
Download Ported Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM – http://hotfile.com/dl/161550288/bfbc6ca/Android-4.1-JellyBean-GNex-OTA-Port.zip.html