Many users were wondering when is going to be the next update of their Android OS after the ICS update. So folks here it is, the wait is over, Google have introduced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at the Google I/O 2012. You must be itching to update it on your Smartphone. If you own a Samsung Galaxy Nexus [GSM] then you are at the correct place to update your Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Requirements Before You Install
- You need to perform backup for all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus that too a rooted one.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing operations by you. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Update Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Download Jelly Bean Package from the download link given at the end of the post.
- Download ROM Manager App from the download link given at the end of the post.
- Make sure your device is ClockworkMod installed and rooted for the process given below.
- After downloading the packages onto your PC from the download links next step is to connect your device to your PC using USB data cable.
- Now go to ROM manager and select Install ROM from SD Card –> Select ROM package.
- If you have any second thoughts on backing up your current ROM then create a backup so that you can restore it back when you wish to.
- Next step is to select Wipe Data and Cache and after that just follow the dialog box that appears and the rest is done. Now you have updated to the latest Android OS so called 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- If you face any difficulties during the update then you can always leave a comment below in the comment section so that we can sort out your problem.
Download Jelly Bean Package – http://download.clockworkmod.com/test/jb-takju.zip
Download ROM Manager App – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager