After Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean was introduced, almost every other device got it’s either the official update or some custom ROM. If you own an Amazon Kindle Fire then its time for you to upgrade it to the latest Android OS. As this is custom ROM you may still face some bugs and issues. And despite this if you are looking to taste this latest OS then follow this Android Guide on How To Upgrade Amazon Kindle Fire to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via AOSP custom ROM.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a rooted Amazon Kindle Fire with TWRP Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Amazon Kindle Fire to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via AOSP custom ROM
- You need to download the necessary files from the links given at the end of this post and transfer the AOSP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 file and the Jelly Bean GApps file onto your device’s SD card.
- Now all you got to do is just boot your device in TWRP Recovery. And you can do that by rebooting your device by holding and pressing the Power button and once you see a triangle, again press the Power button.
- Make sure you do backup of your present ROM in case your device goes in loop and you can do that by going to Backup.
- Now, go back to the Main Menu –> in TWRP Recovery –> Wipe/ Factory Reset and the wipe operation will be completed.
- Next, you need to go back to Main Recovery Menu –> Install and select jb-kfire-hashcode-07-13.zip file in order to start installing the custom ROM.
- And once this operation is done then you have to install gapps-jb-20120711.zip file in the similar manner like the above file.
- Once all the operations are performed go to Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download AOSP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Rebuild 1 – http://bit.ly/N4Yeti
Download Jelly Bean Gapps – http://goo.im/devs/0xD34D/otter/gapps-jb-20120711.zip