The most popular OS currently on the planet is Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware build JRO03O which is specially designed for various Smartphones. And after a long wait it can now be installed on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515. And with various other mods such as the Extended Power Menu and Native Tethering with this ROM. It is user’s wish which mod to install and flashing is not at all required.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Galaxy Nexus I515 to rooted Jelly Bean Build JRO03O with Extra Mods
- Download all the necessary files from the links given at the end of this post onto your PC and transfer them to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Next, turn off your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- And you need to now reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can always create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Now select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action required.
- Next, Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the Verizon_JRO03O_deodex_root.zip file and select it.
- And after selecting, it will start installing the new ROM onto your device.
- In the similar manner as in steps 6 and 7, flash the JRO03O_radios_bootloader.zip file also onto your device.
- And in similar way it is optional for you to flash the Extended Power menu mod file and Native Tethering mode file.
- And once the installation is done, go back to the Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download Stock JRO03O -http://goo.im/devs/mwalt2/JRO03O/Verizon_JRO03O_deodex_root.zip
Download JRO03O radios bootloader – http://www.mediafire.com/?wiw1thxa16efh4b
Download Extended Power Menu MOD – http://goo.im/devs/mwalt2/JRO03O
Download Native Tethering – http://goo.im/devs/mwalt2/JRO03O/Verizon_JRO03O-NativeTethering.zip