In this fast moving technology world there are various ways through which you can get your Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your device. There are many official firmwares and unofficial custom ROMs through which you can taste this latest OS. Or just getting the same old way of official release from your developers.
You will be thrilled to hear that there is a custom ROM that has arrived for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 which makes it extra fast with many amazing features. But in order to enjoy it you have to compromise with few bugs and issues. But its worth having it on your Smartphone.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Galaxy S II Skyrocket I727 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Liquid ROM pre-RC1
- Download both the files onto your PC from the links given at the end of this post and transfer them on to your Galaxy S II Skyrocket’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your Galaxy S II.
- Next, you need to boot into Recovery mode and you can do that by pressing and holding Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can also make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just for to be on safer side.
- Just select Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, select Wipe data/factory reset –> select Wipe cache partition –> Select Advanced –> Select Wipe Dalvik cache –> confirm the action of the event.
- Next, Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the Liquid ROM file and select in order to install it.
- And once the ROM is installed, you have to install the GApps package in the similar manner from the above step alone.
- Finally Go back –> Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download unofficial Liquid Beta 2 – http://www.mediafire.com/?9d8mgzmiuazry1t
Download Google Apps package - http://goo.im/devs/R4INS/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip