It may seem that your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 turned old now with no more official updates for it. But don’t be sad where there is a custom ROM there is happiness. You can thank the SmoothieJB ROM developed by XDA Developers member Brahmnoor. This ROM is faster, smoother, and slimmer. The most amazing features it offers are CM10 by Ivendor Alpha 5 and BroodKernel v1.4.
This custom ROM will give your device a new born. So read in to know more about it.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Galaxy S Plus I9001 to Jelly Bean via SmoothieJB ROM
- Initial step is to download and transfer the ROM package and the GApps package to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Just turn off your Smartphone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Power buttons and when Android box icon appears, press the Menu Button to select it.
- You can create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Its time to wipe the cache and data from the 3 steps as follows:
- Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Yes.
- From the menu select Advanced –> select Wipe Dalvik Cache->Yes.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> confirm the action.
- Next you need to select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Locate the ROM file and select it to install it on your device.
- And once it is installed you need to repeat the above step alone in similar manner to install the GApps package.
- Finally go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download SmoothieJB v2 ROM package – http://www.mediafire.com/?wvewe833dw1zo31
Download GApps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip