Upgrading to something new is always very exciting because upgradation brings all the other new features that are very vital these days. Recently Samsung started to roll out the Android 4.0.4 build XXLPK firmware update for UK variants of Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi GT-P6810 and this firmware is only for the Galaxy Tab bought in the UK. But still you are looking for the manual update then you must follow this guide on How to Upgrade Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 to Android 4.0.4 Build XXLPK.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 To Android 4.0.4 Build XXLPK
- The very first thing you need to do is just download all the files from the links given at the end of this post.
- Once the files are downloaded you need to extract them onto your PC and you need to open the Odin3-v1.85 folder and double click Odin3 v1.85.exe file in order to launch Odin on your PC.
- Now, turn off your device and reboot into Download Mode. And you can do that by pressing and holding Volume Down +Power +Volume Up buttons.
- Now using your USB data cable connect your Tablet to your PC. And once connected you will be able to see the msg Added in Odin which is already launched by you on the PC.
- Now in Odin click on the PDA button and look out for the P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- And make sure Re-partition is not checked on Odin in the Options.
- Finally in Odin click Start button and this will start the flashing of the ROM present on your device.
- And once the flashing operation is done you will get a PASS msg on Odin and your device automatically reboots.
- Finally disconnect your device from the USB and you are done.
Download Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXLPK firmware – http://www.hotfile.com/dl/163463565/15fd231/P6810XXLPK_P6810OXALPK_XEU.zip.html
Download Odin3 v1.85 – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=988163&d=1333791950