There are few devices which gets a late official update. And if you are the person who hates waiting and own a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 SGH-T859 and wants to have your hands on official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware then you can always have a another way to update your device officially and manually. And the advantages of this device running on Ice Cream Sandwich is-faster stock browser, smoother UI, new multitasking menu, battery life, and all the other things that you could think of.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 SGH-T859.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Galaxy Tab 7.7 T859 to official Android 4.0.4 ICS build UVLH6
- Download the packages from the links given at the bottom of the post and extract the contents of the Android 4.0.4 UVLH6 firmware package.
- Next, in the similar manner extract the contents of the Odin3 v1.85 file.
- Switch off your device.
- Now initiate Odin3 v1.85.exe file by double clicking on it and it will start on your PC.
- Next, reboot your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Power+Volume Up buttons.
- Using a USB cable, connect your device to the PC. You will get a confirmation msg in Odin once connected.
- Now, in Odin click PDA button and select the T859UVLH6_T859TMBLH6_T859UVLH6_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- And don’t forget to check the “Re-partition” option is not ticked.
- And once this is done click on the Start button in Odin.
- This will start the flashing and once it is completed, your device will automatically restart. And once it is done unplug your device from PC.
Download Official Android 4.0.4 UVLH6 firmware – http://www.hotfile.com/dl/169998795/cdb55fe/T859UVLH6_T859TMBLH6_TMB.zip.html
Download Odin3 v1.85 - http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/ba556147d82767794c11d2da0b0e6afd/5056d78a/9/8/8/1/6/3/Odin3-v1.85.zip