Have you ever wished if you could only have Tablet based interface right on you’re Smartphone? Well it is possible because of this ParanoidAndroid ROM which provides the HTC Desire with Smartphone/Tablet hybrid mode that lets you enjoy the Smartphone and Tablet features.
But this ROM has few bugs which are still under process but if you want to taste this hybrid combination and want to get your hands on the smoothest UI and better performance on your device then you must follow this Android Tutorial on How To Upgrade HTC Desire to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid ROM.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You’re HTC Desire with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade HTC Desire to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Paranoid Android ROM
- The very first thing you need to do is just download the required package from the link given at the end of this link and transfer it to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your Smartphone and boot into HBOOT mode.
- You can boot the Smartphone into HBOOT by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons, and after that a HBOOT menu appears on your device screen.
- Now, select “Recovery” from the menu on the screen in order to boot into Recovery Mode on your device.
- Next, in ClockworkMod Recovery you need to perform the data wipe operation and you can do that by –> select Wipe data/Factory reset –> Yes wipe data.
- Now, Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card –> Locate the ROM package and select it for installation process.
- Finally you need to go back to the Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
- And once this is performed your Smartphone will boot into the Paranoid Android ROM.
Download Paranoid Android ROM for the HTC Desire – http://d-h.st/cIi