After Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was introduced it just rocked the Android world and every other user wanted to have his mean Android claws on it. And guess what this also runs on the first every Nexus 7 Tablet. But still many users are there who are left with the oldie Androids and they just can’t wait to get their hands on the latest Jelly Bean Android OS. So for this the CyanogenMod team has come up with the CyanogenMod 10 which is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. So folks read along this Android Tutorial on How To Upgrade HTC myTouch 4G to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need your HTC myTouch 4G with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade HTC myTouch 4G to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM
- Download all the required files from the links given at the end of this post and transfer them onto your device’s SD card.
- Next you need to turn off your device and reboot into Bootloader Mode.
- And you can do this by pressing and holding Volume Down +Power button.
- Now after getting into this mode use the Volume keys to move around and Power button to select the necessary option.
- Now the options will appear and you need to choose Recovery and select it to boot into Recovery Mode.
- And before that you need to create a NANDroid backup for your present ROM just in case your device goes into loop so that it can be recovered from this backup.
- You can perform backup using main recovery menu, all you have to do is just go to Backup/Restore –> Backup.
- And once the backup operation is performed you need to go back to the Main Menu –> Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Wipe Cache Partition.
- Next, go back to the Main Menu –> Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- And once again go back to Main Menu –> Select Install ZIP From SD Card –> look out for the cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-glacier-jellytime_a7.5.zip and start the flashing process.
- And once the flashing process is done then you can flash the Gapps file in the same manner like we did earlier for the above file.
- Finally once full installation is over, go back to the Main Menu ->Reboot System Now.
Download Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM - https://hotfile.com/dl/163781960/eeef00a/cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-glacier-jellytime_a7.5.zip.html
Download Jelly Bean GApps - http://d-h.st/AR8