HTC One X is one cool and awesome Smartphone that every user wants to have. But what if it is not with the latest Android OS. Second thoughts eh? No need to worry folks just follow this Android Tutorial on How to upgrade the HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for better and faster performance of your HTC One X. Still there are few issues with this update but its worth as you can enjoy all the latest features.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a HTC One X with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To upgrade the HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Download and extract all the required files from the links given at the end of this post and transfer Jelly Bean 4.1.1 AOSP ROM package and GApps files to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Turn off your Smartphone and boot into Bootloader Mode and you can do that by pressing and holding Power +Volume Down button.
- And now from the bootloader menu, you have to select the Fastboot.
- Using USB data cable connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- Now you need to launch the flash-boot-windows.bat file in order to flash your device kernel.
- Now on your device choose Bootloader in order to go back to main bootloader menu –> Select Recovery.
- And now go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Wipe Cache.
- Next, Go back to Main Menu –> Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache it will start wiping data on your device.
- Next, Select Install ZIP From SD Card –> Choose ZIP From SD Card. And locate tg_endeavoru-ota-27.zip and choose it. Upon this action it will start installing ROM on your Smartphone.
- And once the installation process is done, install the GApps file in the same manner.
- Finally after all the operation is done Go Back –>Reboot System Now.
Download Jelly Bean 4.1.1 AOSP ROM – http://jellybean.tom.gascoigne.me/continuous/tg_endeavoru-ota-27.zip
Download Jelly Bean Gapps – http://jellybean.tom.gascoigne.me/gapps-jb-20120716.zip
Download Flash Boot – http://www.mediafire.com/?3vf3r85b7dgj16x