You can find dozens of other ways to get the latest Android OS but the best and the easiest way is through the mean of custom ROMs. Well the most famous OS on the planet for the Androids is out there to be tasted by millions and so called Jelly Bean. Bu to taste it you may want to compromise with few bugs and one of them is front facing camera that needs still some working for HTC Sensation. But hey… hell with this small bug and have fun with the latest OS features in this Android Guide on How To Upgrade HTC Sensation to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a HTC Sensation with S-OFF which is with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade HTC Sensation to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10
- Download the package files from the links given at the end of this post to your PC and transfer them on to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Switch off your Smartphone and boot into Recovery Mode and you can perform this operation by long pressing and holding Volume Down+Power buttons.
- And once menu appears, you need to bring to light the Recovery Mode using Volume Down and select it using Power button.
- You can perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored just in case if something goes wrong.
- You can do this by selecting –> Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- And after that just Choose Wipe data/factory reset->Yes Wipe data.
- Next you need to Select Install ZIP from SD card (HDD) –> select Choose ZIP from SD card (HDD) –> Select CyanogenMod 10 ROM file.
- And once this file is flashed then flash the Gapps package in the similar manner from the above step alone.
- Next, Go Back –> Reboot System Now.
- And after rebooting, ROM starts to boot, you need to go to Settings -> Performance –> Processor –> Set the min. CPU frequency to 384 MHz and choose Set on Boot.
- And once the above step is done, on every boot after that you need to go to Settings –> Developer Options –> Disable HW Overlays.
- This is it folks you have successfully upgraded the HTC Sensation.
Download CyanogenMod 10 ROM file – http://bruce2728.mabsoft.dk/cm-10-20120821-build2-bruce2728-pyramid.zip
Download GApps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip