HTC Sensation, the name itself implies that it is one sensational Smartphone and has a faster and smoother UI that you could ever imagine. And when it comes to the smoothest UI and the performance I could only think of Android Jelly Bean OS, which is the latest as we all know. And one good news for HTC Sensation users is that it has some custom ROMs that can be installed on it and one such ROM is ParanoidAndroid which combines both the UI features and functions of Smartphone and Tablet. And let me inform you one little thing that this ROM is still under development and has few bugs. So what folks, have a taste of this one cool hybrid ROM.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a HTC Sensation with unlocked bootloader and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade HTC Sensation to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid ROM
- The very first thing you will need is to download all the files from the link given at the end of this post and transfer it to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Smartphone.
- Now you need to reboot into ClockworkMod recovery by holding and pressing Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just incase if you meet with any chaos. And you can do that by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, you need to select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the Dragunkorr-WIPE-ALL file package and after wiping all the data, ROM starts to install automatically.
- And once you are done with this installation, install the GApps package in the similar manner from the above step alone.
- After installation process is done go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download ParanoidAndroid ROM package – http://sdx-downloads.com/devs/RMS/PARANOID/NIGHTLIES/ParanoidDragun_RC1.zip
Download Dragunkorr-WIPE-ALL – http://sdx-downloads.com/devs/RMS/PARANOID/NIGHTLIES/DragunKorr-WIPE-ALL.zip
Download GApps – http://sdx-downloads.com/devs/RMS/gapps/gapps-jb-20120830-signed.zip