If you are hoping that you will soon get an Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official update for your Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997, then stop doing that because it won’t happen. Are you disappointed? Well, I guess you are but there’s another way for your Samsung Infuse 4G to get the Jelly Bean running on it via a custom ROM which is so called CodeName Android. It is a stock Android 4.1.1 build JRO03L and developed by XDA Developers member Th3Bill. Well the good news is that several users after using it has reported that this ROM works well, has a feather touch experience and fast too in terms of operating over different Apps.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a Samsung Infuse 4G with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Infuse 4G I997 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Download the necessary file from the link given at the end of this post onto your PC and transfer them to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Next, turn off your Samsung Infuse 4G.
- And you need to now reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can always create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore -> Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Wipe cache partition.
- Next, Go to Main Menu -> Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action required.
- All you got to do is now return to the Main Menu –> Install ZIP from SD card -> Choose ZIP from SD card -> Browse for the required ROM file and install it.
- And once the installation is done, go back to the Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
- That’s it folks you are done with the Upgradation of Infuse 4G I997 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Download CodeName Android ROM – http://goo.im/devs/Th3Bill/CNA/Infuse/CNA_Aries_3.6.6_Signed_Th3Bill.zip