If you own LG Optimus One series Smartphone then its time to taste the Custom ROMs that gives us the newest and the latest features of Android OS. If your phone didn’t receive any official JB update then you can very well upgrade from the custom ROMs given in this Android Tutorial for LG Optimus One P500, the LG Phoenix P505, and the LG Thrive P506 but with few bugs. So what? Let’s taste the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.1
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- This upgrade operation can be performed only on LG Optimus One P500, LG Phoenix P505, or LG Thrive P506 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade LG Optimus One Smartphones to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10
- Download CyanogenMod 10 ROM and GApps package from the links given at the end of this post for your respective modeled Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next, Switch off your Smartphone and enter into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- You can do that by pressing and holding down the Home + Volume Down key+ Power buttons.
- If you worry what if this stuff doesn’t work and you still fear of loosing your good old ROM then you must create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM for restoring purposes.
- You can do this by selecting –> Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- And after that just Choose Wipe data/factory reset –> Yes Wipe data.
- Next you need to Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file for your respective Smartphone model.
- And once the above installation process is done then you need to flash the GApps package in the similar manner as in the step 7.
- Finally Go Back –> Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download CyanogenMod 10 ROM for LG Optimus One – http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/10775/3443/cm-10-20120808-UNOFFICIAL-p500.zip
Download CyanogenMod 10 ROM for LG Phoenix P505 – http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/10775/3444/cm-10-20120808-UNOFFICIAL-p505.zip
Download CyanogenMod 10 ROM for LG Thrive P506 – http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/10775/3447/cm-10-20120808-UNOFFICIAL-p506.zip
Download GApps Package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip