If you are a beginner in this rooting and flashing world of the custom ROMs and every other thing related to Androids then let me tell you what does AOKP stands for. It stands for Android Open Kang Project, a type of ROM which most of the users prefer all because of the various customizations you can perform with it. And just to remind you this ROM’s progress is still going on. So you may face some bugs and issues. So taste this AOKP ROM at your own risk with all the smoothing and exciting new features.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You’ll need your Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 with stock Android 4.1 XXLPQ firmware on it
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via AOKP ROM
- The first thing you got to do is just download the Jelly Bean 4.1 AOKP Beta 2 ROM from the link given at the end of this post.
- Now, transfer this file to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Smartphone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and you can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+ Power buttons.
- To be on safer side you can create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case if something unusual happens.
- You can create a backup by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, Select Wipe data/factory reset and wipe the data.
- Now you have to select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card and finally choose ROM file which is going to be installed.
- Once the installation process is done you need to go back and select Reboot System Now.
- Well, this is it folks you are done with the entire process.
Download Jelly Bean 4.1 AOKP Beta 2 ROM - http://www.mediafire.com/?oxhm0o5c5v7mh33