As we all know Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is released to the international variants of the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. But Samsung Galaxy S III comes on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from the factory. And if you want to have a taste of this latest Jelly Bean. Then you can upgrade to Jelly Bean that makes its performance better in all the terms like UI, processor performance, features, battery life and much more.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Galaxy S III I9300 to official Jelly Bean build XXDLIB
- Download both the files from the links given at the end of this post and extract them onto your PC.
- Switch off your Smartphone and reboot your Smartphone into Download Mode and you can do that by holding and pressing Home+Volume Down Power buttons.
- And now you need to launch the Odin on your PC by double clicking exe file.
- Using a USB data cable connect your Smartphone to your PC. And once connected you will be able to see the “Added” msg in the Odin.
- Now in Odin, click on the PDA button and locate the *.tar.md5 file.
- And double check that “Re-partition” option is not ticked.
- And finally click on Start in Odin in order to flash the upgrade to your Smartphone.
- And once the flashing is done you can see a “passed” message in Odin.
- This is it folks and after that your Smartphone will reboot automatically and after that unplug the USB cable.
Download Jelly Bean update – http://www.hotfile.com/dl/173577508/3316be3/I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_XEO.zip.html
Download Odin3 – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1092410&d=1338289423