Samsung Galaxy S III is one of the top Android Smartphone available in the market and if you own it then you must be proud of it I am sure. And now you can also upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via SuperNexus Custom ROM. You must be wondering what is SuperNexus ROM? Well it is based on build JRO03L of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. It has many good things like it is Prerooted, zipaligned and deodexed.
But it also has few bugs to be compromised with, if you want it on your device. But look at the brighter side it makes your experience faster and smoother with UI on your phone.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You’ll need your a Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via SuperNexus Custom ROM
- Download the necessary files from the links given at the end of this post.
- Now, transfer these files to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Smartphone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and you can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+ Power buttons.
- To be on safer side you can create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case if something unusual happens so that you can revert back to old ROM.
- You can create a backup by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, Select Wipe data/factory reset and wipe the data.
- Now, you need to Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for SuperNexus-I9300 file –> Select the file and it will start the ROM installation process.
- And once this installation of ROM is performed, install the GApps package in the similar manner from the above step alone.
- Finally, Go Back –> Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download SuperNexus I9300 Build 2 ROM – http://hotfile.com/dl/166445472/3007807/SuperNexus-I9300-BUILD2-20120811.zip.html
Download Gapps – http://d-h.st/rDK