Upgradation is the next part to enjoy most of the new features and many Android geeks are just waiting to do so. Samsung rolled out ICS updates for its tablets. But why wait until the new updates are out? So if you are itching to upgrade manually then you can follow the steps given in this Android Tutorial. But make sure that your Tab is Wi-Fi and 3G variants. It will not work if either of these features is absent.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 50% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 to Android 4.0.4 ICS Build XXLQ1
- Just download all the needed files to your PC from the links given at the end of this post.
- Extract Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware Build XXLQ1 file to get P6800OXALQ1_P6800XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5 file. Why I am telling this that you will need it later.
- Extract Odin 3 file to get Odin exe file. And all you have to do is that just double click on the exe file to launch Odin on your PC.
- Now you have to start your Tab in Download Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Now you can let go of the Power button while still holding the Volume down button unless you get a prompt that asks you if you want to enter into Download Mode.
- Now you can let go of the button. Next, Press the Volume Up in order to enter Download Mode.
- Using a USB cable connect your device to the PC.
- Now go the Odin and click on the PDA button and select the P6800OXALQ1_P6800XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Next you need to click on the Start button in Odin in order to start flashing the firmware on your device.
- And finally once flashing is done your device will automatically restarts and this it folks your device is all ready with the new upgradation.
Download Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware Build XXLQ1 – http://www.hotfile.com/dl/162053485/4e21d28/P6800XXLQ1_P6800OXALQ1_ATO.zip.html
Download Odin 3 – http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/daccded587a96c5dbd0145dceccf61d7/5003a478/9/8/8/1/6/3/Odin3-v1.85.zip