The latest release of Android OS (JB) from the Google giant has rooted its popularity all around the globe. If you own a Galaxy Tab P1000 then you can very well upgrade it to the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and enjoy the faster and smoother UI, advanced voice recognition, and much more to explore. Just follow this Android Tutorial all the way to learn more on How To Upgrade Galaxy Tab P1000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- ClockworkMod Recovery must be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10
- Download both the files from the given links at the end of this post and transfer the ZIP files to your device’s internal SD card.
- Now turn off your device and boot into Recovery Mode and you can do that pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons.
- Next you need to Select Wipe data/factory reset and wipe the data.
- And now all you got to do is just select Wipe cache partition and confirm.
- Next, select Mounts and Storage –> Select Format /system.
- You need to go back to the main menu –> Advanced –> Select Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Now, Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card, then look out for the downloaded Jelly Bean ROM and choose it.
- And after choosing it, the ROM will start to install. Once installation is done perform the above step alone for the Gapps package in similar manner.
- And once the entire process is over go back to the Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
- This is it folks you successfully upgraded Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.
Download CyanogenMod 10 - http://download2.clockworkmod.com/developer/2716/3326/cm-10-20120730-EXPERIMENTAL-p1-cdesai.zip
Download GApps Package - http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/gapps/gapps-jb-20120729.zip