The first ever Transformer that emerged in the market was with Android 3.0 Honeycomb. And if you own one such Transformer then you have the options of custom ROMs as well. Jelly Bean is the latest OS that is buzzing around all the Android fans and it is released for this device too. It has got many features like better performance, smoother UI, better battery life etc. And let me inform you, this AOKP ROM is not an official ROM and has a some bugs with it. So install it at your own risk but its worth installing.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need your Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Transformer TF101 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM
- Download both the files from the link given at the end of this post and transfer them onto your Tablet’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your tablet and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Power+Volume Up buttons.
- You can always make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM in case if you meet with a chaos during installation.
- And in order to create a backup, go to Backup and Restore->Backup.
- Next, Select Wipe data/factory reset –> confirm action to wipe.
- Now you have to select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for AOKP ROM ZIP file and select it for installation of the ROM.
- And once the installation of the ROM is completed you can install the GApps package in the similar manner from the above step alone.
- Finally once installation is complete, Go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download AOKP Jelly Bean ROM Package - http://goo.im/devs/K900/tf101/full_tf101_unofficial_Sep-18-12.zip
Download GApps – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip