ParanoidAndroid ROM is one such custom ROM which combines both the features of Smartphone and Tablet. And if you own a Sony Xperia Arc LT15i and you always wanted to have a Tablet UI then your wish has come true. ParanoidAndroid ROM gives you new features like a smoothest UI, offline typing, voice recognition by Google, faster web browser, etc. So if you want to know more, then see How To Upgrade Xperia Arc LT15i to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid custom ROM.
Requirements Before You Upgrade
- You will need a rooted Sony Xperia Arc with unlocked bootloader and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Android Debug Bridge installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Upgrade Xperia Arc LT15i to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid custom ROM
- Download and extract all the files from the links given at the bottom of this post on to your PC.
- Now, open ROM ZIP file and extract the boot.img file and transfer it to Fastboot folder. You will now have totally five files in this folder.
- Transfer the ROM and GApps package ZIP files onto your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Turn off your Smartphone and connect to PC using a USB cable and reboot into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding Menu key of your phone and plug the other end to your Smartphone.
- Open a command prompt on your PC and locate the directory to Fastboot folder.
- Enter the following commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- This will flash the new ROM and once it is completed your Smartphone will automatically turn off and now unplug your phone from your PC.
- Turn on your Smartphone and once you see the blue LED lights up, continuously press the Back button until Recovery Mode boots.
- Next, Select Wipe data/Factory reset –> Select Wipe cache partition –> Confirm wipe action and now go to the main menu –> Advanced –> select Wipe Dalvik cache.
- And now go to Mounts and Storage –> select Format /system.
- Now you have top Select Install ZIP from SD card –> select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Locate the ROM file and select it to install it.
- In the similar manner from the above step alone install the GApps package.
- And once all the installation process is done go back to the main menu –> Reboot system now.
Download ParanoidAndroid ROM for Xperia – http://goo.im/devs/DhKDc/roms/anzu/pa_anzu-2.11-10SEP2012-182008.zip
Download GApps – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
Download Fastboot package – http://www.mediafire.com/?47eu9m848c5wbi0