For any operating systems developed for computers need of Media Players to play/pause and record media type file contents. Media file such as MP3, MP4, FLV, AVI, MPEG, DivX and lot more.
There is thousands of media player software in internet. Users refer which is efficient, small and quick. VLC Media Player abbreviated for Video LAN Client and one of the leading software products for media players.
VLC media player is open source and works on multiple Modern Operating Systems. It doesn’t require any additional files like CODEC to install, it directly gets installed.
Features of VLC Media Player 1.1.11
Light and Fast
- VLC Player is relatively small and ease to download software of size 17MB only. It quick and easy to install.
- VLC installs as a whole doesn’t require any plug-in for most basic operations. VLC media player plays 3GP format videos supported by nokia mobile phones.
- Since VLC is open source it has been carefully designed to work on multiple platform Operating Systems.
- VLC player can able to play media files of any format supported by Mobile, PC, iPod and iPhone devices.
- VLC available for platforms: Windows (XP,Vista, 7), Linux and MacOSX.
Ease Record all media while play
- VLC permits user to record any media files playing on it by just a single click.
- VLC also has ability to record live TV from TV tuner/decoder card.
Streaming Server and Client
- VLC can also work as both streaming server and client. In streaming server process user sets up VLC to stream file from file or DVD as s server.
- Streaming client can stream that media file without have to encoding.
Blueray & HD Support
- VLC has ability to play Blueray cd’s file and contents. It adds more advanced and convenient way to users.
- All high definition videos of varies sizes and quality can be playable. It is able to play live TV.
Free Online Radio
- VLC player comes with inbuilt online radio streamer through internet rather than requiring for third party software or plug-in.
- To open free online radio open VLC and press ctrl+l and click internet button then VLC is able stream radio via internet. It plays radio stations which are available in internet.
- Many of VLC users don’t even know that VLC has inbuilt media converter. It is able to convert the media types that are able to play by it, so that list includes varies file formats.
- To do that go to media>open file> ctrl+r .click add button, and again specify source file, and click convert button.select destination file location and format and click start button.
- I can’t say this is feature; this is tricked what if VLC is able to play your computer screen itself. To do that hit ctrl+n, type in networks tab “screen: //” click play.
Meanwhile you can also check out various other Converters at
While, there are many other several Music Players that are more used in the market with awesome features which you can take a look at