One Operating System in a computer for computer users is not enough nowadays for exploring OS, execution of projects. In dual booting either user have installed operating system as separate OS, ex: like users have to select boot loader of appropriate OS which user wants after system performed POST operation.
VMWARE workstation solves above problem by permitting to install operating system on another Operating System inside allocated space i.e. VMWARE workstation allows one physical system to run multiple operating systems concurrently.
VMWARE workstation is virtual machine software for x86-32 and x86-64 bit configuration which allows users to configure/create/delete multiple x86-32 and x86-64 bit virtual machines and work one or more of these virtual machines simultaneously with the host Operating System.
Features of VMWARE Workstation
1. Multiple Operating Systems
- Allows single computer to run multiple operating systems at the same time. This feature makes users make more convenient by running many operating systems as they need.
- VMWARE installs guest operating system without affecting host operating system in its allocated disk space.
2. Bridging to exist host devices
- VMWARE supports making connection to existing node network adapters, CD-ROM, devices, hard disk drives and USB devices.
- This feature allows guest operating system to detect host operating system and operate the peripherals connected to host operating system in which VMWARE is installed.
3. Guest Operating System control
- A VMWARE admin user has ability to power on/off, suspend, and resume host Operating System.
- Guest operating system can be stopped temporarily by hitting pause button and resume by hitting resume button.
4. VMWARE Tools:
- VMWARE tools allow accessing a suite of utilities and drivers that may enhance the performance and functionality of your Guest Operating System. Tool has some or all of the following: an SVGA driver, a mouse driver, the VMware Tools control panel and support for features such as shared folders, drag and drop in Windows guests, shrinking virtual disks, time synchronization with the host.
5. Virtual Machine Snapshot:
- VMWARE presents the user option to take snapshot of virtual machine/guest Operating System.
- Taken snapshots can be managed by using snapshot manager available in VMWARE.
6. Virtual Networking:
- VMWARE offers networking support by detecting host network adapters. This offers unique network (IP) address for various virtual machines in a single host.
- Users can create a team of virtual machine and connect them with private team LAN segments.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 2000, Vista, XP, 7.
- Ram: 512 MB up to higher processor models.
- Disk space: 630MB free disk space for VMWARE only.
You can download this tool from
Meanwhile, you can also check out our big collection on various other Applications as well as various other Tools for Windows at